Moving Photos

How can it be that you still don't have the option to move photos into an album instead of just copying them? This is a bad joke, right? The entire Photos app is absolutely untidy and a nightmare for people who like order. I want car photos in the car folder. Vacation photos in the vacation folder without them being visible in the recent folder. Cant be so difficult???

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities

Welcome to the forum.

In addition to @App Store Connect Engineer's answer, this could answer your question. It may not be as straightforward as you'd wish (steps 4 and 6 in a single step), but close to it; if not enough, you should file a bug report for enhancement request.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-move-an-iPhone-photo-to-a-specific-album-and-then-have-the-photo-removed-from-the-all-photos-album-Is-there-a-recommended-app-to-do-this

To move an iPhone photo to a specific album and then have it removed from the "All Photos" album, you can use the built-in Photos app on your iPhone. Here's how:

1. Open the Photos app and locate the photo you want to move.
  2. Tap on the photo to select it.
  3. Tap the "Share" icon (the square with an upward-pointing arrow) at the bottom of the screen.
  4. In the share sheet, tap "Add to Album."
  5. Select the album you want to add the photo to, or create a new album if desired.
  6. Once the photo has been added to the new album, you can then tap the "Delete" icon (the trash can) to remove the photo from the "All Photos" album.

No additional app is required to perform this task using the built-in Photos app on your iPhone. The process is straightforward and allows you to organize your photos into specific albums while removing them from the main "All Photos" view.

The photos are recent photos, though, regardless of what they contain. There is a Recents view that shows your recent photos, i.e. photos that you took recently.

Just put your photos in the albums as required. They will still remain in the recents view because they are still recent photos.

Moving Photos

Q