EXC_GUARD crash on iOS 18 [Expo 51 SDK]

Hello,

I'm experiencing a persistent crash in my Expo app on iOS 17.4.1 and subsequently 18.0 (on the iPhone 12 mini) triggered by an EXC_GUARD error.

I've also received the following warning in the XCode build logs:

/Users/expo/workingdir/build/ios/Pods/sqlite3/sqlite-src-3450300/sqlite3.c:60562:24: warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'i64' (aka 'long long') to 'u32' (aka 'unsigned int') [-Wshorten-64-to-32]

The device crash logs are attached below. I'll be looking around for any other fixes, but grateful for your help in the meantime!

Just an update - I'm now getting this log after removing Sentry to isolate the issue behind the crash.

The key part of the log is as follows: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) - KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x8000000000000010

Might be due to a React Native module interacting with SwiftUI and UIKitCore, since it seems that the crash happened within a CoreFoundation process, but much appreciated if anyone might be able to provide more insight.

Perhaps it might be due to Expo/React Native not catching up with iOS 18?

I’m confused by the crash reports you posted. There are three. The first one is for (presumably) your app, because it’s been redacted per the advice in Posting a Crash Report. The other two crash reports are for the TestFlight app. That’s not your code, so I’m not sure why you posted those crash reports.

Regarding that first crash report, it’s showing an EXC_GUARD exception. You can find general info about that in EXC_GUARD. However, I’m not sure that’s relevant because this crash is from your first post, and you seem to have more on from there.

So, can you post the latest crash report for your app?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

EXC_GUARD crash on iOS 18 [Expo 51 SDK]

Q