Problems trying to call reloadAllTimelines() multiple times from an AppIntent

My app focuses on a particular day and in the app I have arrow buttons that let you switch to the next or previous day. When one of them is pressed I call WidgetCenter.shared.reloadAllTimelines(). Almost immediately, regardless of how many times they are pressed, I will usually see my widgets immediately update to reflect the new day.

I thought it would be nice to extend this functionality to Lock Screen controls. I had the AppIntent the Lock Screen buttons use call some of the same code that the arrow buttons in my app do, which includes a call to WidgetCenter.shared.reloadAllTimelines().

In the simulator it seemed to work great. I could see my Lock Screen widgets update almost immediately to focus on the new day.

However, when I tried it on an actual device it was a much different story. Usually the first button press will update the widgets but after that it can be much, much longer before the Lock Screen widgets eventually refresh.

It makes sense that the system is probably throttling my requests but is there a way to prevent this so that my Lock Screen controls operate the same way as buttons in my app?

Problems trying to call reloadAllTimelines() multiple times from an AppIntent

Q