Apple Intelligence download issue

Yesterday after updating to iOS 18.1 I joined the Apple Intelligence waitlist on my iPhone 15 Pro. About an hour later I noticed that it had the message "Support for processing Apple Intelligence on device is downloading." A day later it is still displaying the same message. I have strong wi-fi, I'm plugged in to power with full battery, and there are 750gb available in storage. From what I have been able to find online, this isn't the typical user experience and that it probably isn't going to complete the process at this point. Any advice on how to proceed and get Apple Intelligence installed and working would be greatly appreciated.

I am having a similar problem with my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Mine has been stuck in joined waitlist for just over 24 hours with no change to its status.

I would love to know if there is a fix!

Same problem

I dont know if this will fix for others, but mine is working now. I planned on backing up my phone, resetting to factory, and then restoring from backup. I started the backup (via finder/ backing up to my MacBook) last night. This morning it was complete. much to my surprise, I didn’t have to reset/ restore because it was already working. Apple intelligence was installed and able to be toggled on and off without doing anything further. For those experiencing the same problem, you might want to give this a try. Hope this helps.

After waiting 2 days I did a restore and it was magically there and ready to go. I did this after my wife downloaded the update and had it in less than 10 mins

in how many days is apple smart support activated

Can confirm @BeastDad‘s suggestion to just do a backup works. Seems to validate the connection needed for the download to continue.

Hi,

I had the same issue today with my iPhone 16 Pro and what quickly fixed it was changing the region to something else and then changing it back to United States.

now it’s working fine.

Changed to non US, and back, and then it was all set in 3 seconds.

I was having the same issue, I followed JosueDaniel's suggestion and It was done in under a minute. Thank you!

Same for me but for my mac. 🤦🏽‍♂️

same for me on mac... it has said "apple intelligence is downloading. some apple intelligence and siri features may be unavailable until the download is complete".

it is very annoying because siri wont work on my mac now and there is no download progress information... no "downloading 30%" or anything like that, I've turned off apple intelligence and turned it back on, nothing seems to make a difference.

since downloading the beta update i have basically turned my pc into the most unintelligent version it has been since siri was introduced lol... please help lol idk what to do

Apple Intelligence download issue

Q