Bluetooth State Restoration: Relaunch app after update?

Hi.

Background:

We have an app acting as central, keeping a persistent connection to a peripheral body worn sensor, in order to ensure that the sensor behaves as expected.

We've managed make a robust system, that stays connected while the peripheral is in range. When the peripheral gets out of range we're fine with the app being suspended, as long as it's revived when the sensor gets back in range. This works fine using the Restoration Identifier

This revival works also works fine after a phone restart.

Now for the question:

It doesn't work when upgrading the app. (tested in testflight)

As the App Upgrade case isn't specified in: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1962/_index.html we'd like to know if this case is supported.

If it is supported, we'd be happy if you could provide some additional insights.

Best Regards

Rasmus Tønnesen

UNEEG medical

We believe you might be running into an edge case where restoration fails. We would like you to file a bug report about this with some more information so we can investigate further.

Don't forget to include as much information as you can about the cases you see this problem with.

To file a bug report, you can use the Feedback Assistant.

It would be very helpful if you could please go to https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/ and follow the instructions for Bluetooth for iOS to install a logging profile on your device. Then reproduce the issue, and follow the instructions at the above link to create a sysdiagnose. And attach that to the Feedback report as well.

Once you file the Feedback report, please post the FB number here for my reference.

If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Hi.

Thank you for the reply.

I've created a feedback report: FB15332799

Should I close this forum post, or will you update when you get around to looking at the issue?

/Rasmus Tonnesen

Bluetooth State Restoration: Relaunch app after update?

Q