MapkitJS browser errors related to Place ID functionality

Hello, I am building a web app using Mapkit JS, and have something up an running where I can add markers and annotate places with Place ID (I followed along with the WWDC24 video).

However occasionally, while I'm doing nothing on the browser, I get an runtime error with the following error trace (from developer tools in Chrome).

===

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'tint') at get tint (mapkit.core.annotations.d43c86.js:2:97102) at get colorScheme (mapkit.core.annotations.d43c86.js:2:81602) at e.exports.PlaceCardController._renderPlaceIframe (mapkit.core.map.536988.js:2:214785) at e.exports.PlaceCardController.update (mapkit.core.map.536988.js:2:212978) at e.exports.PlaceCardController._handleConfigChanged (mapkit.core.map.536988.js:2:213284) at _handleConfigChangedListener (mapkit.core.map.536988.js:2:212679) at n.dispatchEvent (mapkit.core.js:2:16624) at mapkit.core.js:2:10799

===

It is completely random, and not a result of any browser / Map interaction.

Seems to be an issue in mapkit.core, and related to Place IDs.

Can anyone help with this?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805280022

If you extract your MapKit JS code to a basic webpage that is nothing more than the MapKit JS code and any supporting elements to interact with the map, do you still get this error on occasion? If so, it'd be useful to attach that test webpage code along with the console log like you have above into a bug report. If you can reproduce the error and file that report, please post the FB number here for posterity.

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

If you extract your MapKit JS code to a basic webpage that is nothing more than the MapKit JS code and any supporting elements to interact with the map, do you still get this error on occasion? If so, it'd be useful to attach that test webpage code along with the console log like you have above into a bug report. If you can reproduce the error and file that report, please post the FB number here for posterity.

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

MapkitJS browser errors related to Place ID functionality

Q