iPhone 16 Camera Control Button via HID Command

Hello.

Is it possible to control the iPhone 16 Camera Control Button via HID (Bluetooth/USB) command?

Thanks

Answered by DTS Engineer in 804678022

Is it possible anyhow?

No, not currently. More specifically, these buttons work:

We all know that we can use HID code for Volume-Up Button to trigger the iPhone Camera Shutter.

...because when keyboard support was implemented, the HID volume buttons were routed into the existing volume management infrastructure. That also meant that they worked for camera control.

In the similar way I want to operate the "Camera Control:" Button's Press/Half-Press/Slide etc via HID command. I want to make a Camera Remote accessory.

The new buttons don't correspond to any public or documented HID command(s). If this is something you'd like us to support, please file an enhancement request describing what you'd like to have happen.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

I’d like to get a better understanding of your goal here. Reading your post, it seems that you want to:

1. Create an accessory that connects to the iPhone via USB or Bluetooth.

2. Have the accessory send a HID command to the iPhone.

3. When then triggers the same behaviour as the Camera Control button.

Is that right?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi. Yes, you got me right.

We all know that we can use HID code for Volume-Up Button to trigger the iPhone Camera Shutter. In the similar way I want to operate the "Camera Control:" Button's Press/Half-Press/Slide etc via HID command. I want to make a Camera Remote accessory.

Is it possible anyhow?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Is it possible anyhow?

No, not currently. More specifically, these buttons work:

We all know that we can use HID code for Volume-Up Button to trigger the iPhone Camera Shutter.

...because when keyboard support was implemented, the HID volume buttons were routed into the existing volume management infrastructure. That also meant that they worked for camera control.

In the similar way I want to operate the "Camera Control:" Button's Press/Half-Press/Slide etc via HID command. I want to make a Camera Remote accessory.

The new buttons don't correspond to any public or documented HID command(s). If this is something you'd like us to support, please file an enhancement request describing what you'd like to have happen.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

iPhone 16 Camera Control Button via HID Command

Q