Xcode 16 Do not display comments correctly

Comments are not displayed correctly in Xcode 16. As you can see on the included screenshot, the first /// are displayed correctly but the remaining ////////////////////////// are super small.

In a programming text editor, like Xcode, all characters MUST be monospaced. Otherwise it is impossible to code. Xcode is not supposed to be a word processor.

There are no parameters to fix that. It was working fine for the past 15 years on Xcode. Please fix that so I can work again. And never do that ever again. Understood?

Answered by Engineer in 804441022

Hello @ShaddamIV, a line of markup content preceded by three forward slash (/) characters denotes the Quick Help syntax. If you have suggestions for improving Xcode, please use Feedback Assistant to submit an enhancement request.

Hello @ShaddamIV, a line of markup content preceded by three forward slash (/) characters denotes the Quick Help syntax. If you have suggestions for improving Xcode, please use Feedback Assistant to submit an enhancement request.

And never do that ever again. Understood?

you should never speak like this, it's coarse and arrogant… 😕

Have a good day

Apple decided that an IDE should decide randomly what is displayed in mono-space font and what is not in the text editor part???

One day it may happen to you and make your code unreadable, you won't be able to work. I can no longer use Xcode to work on my code.

This is a very serious problem that has never happened in all the coding editor ever made. Xcode is now useless for programming.

Xcode is now useless for programming.

Actually you can fix this easily. Go to Settings → Themes → Source Editor and change Documentation Markup to a monospaced font.

Still don't understand why this has been changed in Xcode 16.0. Thank you very much, it did work.

Thank you very much good sir.

Xcode 16 Do not display comments correctly

Q