Is visionpro support facial recognition app?

Hello everyone, I'm a Computer Science student. My supervisor has given me some topics for my final year project, and one of them involves using Vision Pro for facial recognition—specifically, identifying a designated face to display specific information. As a developer, my understanding of Vision Pro is quite limited. I've done some research online and found that Unity and Xcode are used as development tools. Traditionally, facial recognition is done using OpenCV. However, I've come across articles stating that Apple, due to security reasons, cannot implement facial recognition. I’d like to ask if that’s true. Also, with VisionOS 2 featuring object tracking and image tracking, could these methods potentially replace facial recognition?

Hi @Sadzzzzz

Main camera access is available as part of enterprise APIs for visionOS. You'll need to apply for and obtain a license and entitlement to access this functionality.

In theory you can use image tracking to detect images of faces if you know the size of the image beforehand, but image tracking will not help you detect faces on on a body. Similarly you can try using object tracking, but I don't think you'll have the best results since the appearance of a face changes as someone's expression changes. If you want to try this you will need to scan the face then train a model to track it.

Is visionpro support facial recognition app?

Q