Video Playback on iOS 18 public release is seriously flawed

Video Playback on iOS 18 public release is asinine. I use video playback to show slow-motion video frame by frame to my students and the video can only be shown at like 3/5 of the screen size (just like Apple fouled up screenshot editing about a year ago)

If you try to view video in the full screen you can’t scrub through and see time stamps or play frame by frame sliding left to right. It’s absolutely ridiculous. 2 out of 3x the video timeline finishes fully right and I haven’t watched the full clip.

Here’s a video showing the issue how at the small default size I can see the entire timeline and play the full video from beginning to end, but when I go to full screen and/or zoom in or move the screen around the timeline doesn’t work and you can’t scroll through the full video!

Need the video to not condense in size on the screen and play the full height / width of the screen. Also not have the text of the location showing above the screen. Way too much clutter. The reduced size of the video for editing issue started with photos several updates ago and now Apple idiotically brought a terrible flaw from photos to videos as well. Ugh.

Video playback bugs in iPhone 15 Pro, YouTube, IOS18:

1. Unable to change playback, it fixes at 1x always.
  2. Unable to change the timeline, the scroll disappears

It worked in iOS 17.

Found the same issue on the app built with Xcode 15.2/15.4, the video playback is missing the control bar for stop pause, and close. Is there a fix or workaround for that? Thank you

Forgot to mention in the previous post that UIDocumentInteractionController is the buggy one that does a video playback without a control bar

It's absolutely maddening

Mine is iphone 15 pro, IOS18

• Video is freeze when scrolling to half of it, cannot cut or edit. Only playable around 3-5mins from the beginning.
Video Playback on iOS 18 public release is seriously flawed

Q