Matter: Does iOS 16 and later versions support the Matter Mode Select Cluster?

Hello,

I make a matter device with extended color light functions. I add the mode select cluster in device to set work mode of device.

I can not find the work mode in Apple Home application, only the light related functions show in UI.

I tested my device with chip-tool, and read out the mode from device.

B.R. Ray

Answered by DTS Engineer in 804476022

I can not find the work mode in Apple Home application, only the light related functions show in UI. I tested my device with chip-tool, and read out the mode from device.

HomeKit's matter support is fairly narrow and typically only replicates what's already available through the similar HomeKit accessory. Note that you can use the process outlined in this forum post to implement unsupported matter functionality "through" HomeKit's ecosystem connection (instead of having to create and configure your own ecosystem).

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

I can not find the work mode in Apple Home application, only the light related functions show in UI. I tested my device with chip-tool, and read out the mode from device.

HomeKit's matter support is fairly narrow and typically only replicates what's already available through the similar HomeKit accessory. Note that you can use the process outlined in this forum post to implement unsupported matter functionality "through" HomeKit's ecosystem connection (instead of having to create and configure your own ecosystem).

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

Matter: Does iOS 16 and later versions support the Matter Mode Select Cluster?

Q