Leaderboard not updating immediately after submitting score via GameKit API

Hello,

I’m working with the GameKit API, and I am encountering an issue when submitting a player’s score to a leaderboard at the end of a game.

Goal:

• After submitting the new score to a leaderboard, I want to immediately fetch and display the updated leaderboard that reflects the new score.

Problem:

• After successfully submitting the player’s score, when I fetch the leaderboard, the entries are not updated right away. The fetched leaderboard still shows the outdated player score.

Is this delay in updating the leaderboard expected behavior, or am I missing something in my implementation?

Steps to Reproduce:

• Submit the local player’s score to Leaderboard X.
  • On successful submission, fetch the leaderboard entries for Leaderboard X.

Expected Result:

• The fetched leaderboard should reflect the updated player score immediately.

Actual Result:

• The fetched leaderboard shows the outdated score, with no immediate update.

As a workaround, I update the leaderboard myself locally, that does the job, but is error-prone and require more efforts.

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sample project and sysdiagnose, and post the FB number here once you do. Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

We are generally aware of this system limitation, but you are welcome to file a bug.

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

Generally this is a problem to all distributed systems, where all servers may not be updated in real time, to which you can still get stale data. That said, a bug report can allow us to track down any issue that may be exacerbating this issue.

Leaderboard not updating immediately after submitting score via GameKit API

Q