Xcode 16 missing minimum deployment dropdown for app target

In Xcode 16 RC and Xcode 16 the minimum deployment drop down menu to select which version is iOS you want to deploy to is missing. I filed feedback on it for both the release candidate and the release version. I'm just wondering if this is happening for everyone. I'm still using Sonoma 14.6.1.

FB15149078

Answered by DTS Engineer in 804023022

@syclonefx ,

From Xcode 16 release notes > Project Management > New Features : The Xcode target editor now only shows major OS versions in the list of suggested deployment target versions. (118566415)

You can change the value by clicking on the iOS button. Xcode presents an editor:

Click on a value in the editor to change it. After changing the value from iOS 18 to iOS 17.4 for both build configurations:

On the screenshot, you have 2 versions of Xcode opened. Did you try by opening only 16.0 ?

It was still there in 16.1ß, I'll check on 16.0 release.

Did you also complete the installation of IOS simulators ?

if you click the little +, you can edit your deployment target, by hand, both debug and release, granted looks like they removed the dropdown, but it can still be edited. Also if you goto target - build settings-> deployment you can see your value there and there is a dropdown for ios versions (but only whole version numbers) i suppose if you want to do something like 17.3 or something you'll need to type it in.

I just tested in Xcode 16.0 ; deployment targets are there.

Both for PROJECT and TARGETS

@syclonefx ,

From Xcode 16 release notes > Project Management > New Features : The Xcode target editor now only shows major OS versions in the list of suggested deployment target versions. (118566415)

You can change the value by clicking on the iOS button. Xcode presents an editor:

Click on a value in the editor to change it. After changing the value from iOS 18 to iOS 17.4 for both build configurations:

@DTS Engineer Thanks for the reply. Xcode 16.1 still has the dropdown to select the version. Do you think this is going to be removed in future releases of 16.1? It's convenient to have a dropdown instead of having to type the version. Typing in a version could be problematic.

Xcode 16 missing minimum deployment dropdown for app target

Q