Use visionOS environments during active immersive space?

Hello,

Would it be possible to use any of the available visionOS environments when I use an app that requires me to be in an immersive space? I'm developing an app where users can start the immersive space experience by pressing a button. In my case, it would be helpful if the user could still choose a visionOS environment using the Digital Crown, but currently, it seems to be unavailable after opening an immersive space.

Thank you very much in advance!

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 803753022

Hi @XWDev

Are you referring to the environments made available in visionOS that allow users to use the operating system and installed apps in places like the Moon or Bora Bora? There is currently not an existing feature that allows developers to control or use these environments in your app. If this is a feature you would like to see, please send an enhancement request via Feedback Assistant.

You can create your own environments for your apps using assets you provide. Check out this WWDC video on optimizing assets for an immersive environment.

Accepted Answer

Hi @XWDev

Are you referring to the environments made available in visionOS that allow users to use the operating system and installed apps in places like the Moon or Bora Bora? There is currently not an existing feature that allows developers to control or use these environments in your app. If this is a feature you would like to see, please send an enhancement request via Feedback Assistant.

You can create your own environments for your apps using assets you provide. Check out this WWDC video on optimizing assets for an immersive environment.

Use visionOS environments during active immersive space?

Q