Image using MKLookAroundSnapshotter with Updated Scene

I'm trying to create a UIImage from a MKLookAroundScene, after the user has moved the scene, by looking (and moving) around. Is this possible? When I use MKLookAroundSnapshotter with the modified scene, I always get an image of the original (starting) scene.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Create a scene using MKLookAroundSceneRequest with coordinates.
  2. Use LookAroundPreview with a binding to MKLookAroundScene to get changes to the scene (based on looking around).
  3. User begins LookAround, moving the scene location and view.
  4. User ends LookAround
  5. The preview displays the updated scene properly.
  6. The scene's cameraFrameOverride values reflect the pitch, roll, yaw, and location changes.
  7. Pass the updated scene to MKLookAroundSnapshotter to get an image.
  8. Display the Image.
  9. The Image is the original scene (not what is displayed in the preview).
Answered by DTS Engineer in 803857022

There's no supported way for you to set the heading on MKLookAroundSnapshotter with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Accepted Answer

There's no supported way for you to set the heading on MKLookAroundSnapshotter with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Image using MKLookAroundSnapshotter with Updated Scene

Q