LongPressGesture does not work as expected in Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242) and iOS 18

When I copy and paste example code in apple developer documentation, LongPressGesture does not work as expected in Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242) and iOS 18. It seems updating(_:body:) method does not work when used with LongPressGesture. When I make a breakpoint in updating(_:body:) method and long press the blue circle on the screen of simulator(or device), it is expected to be caught in breakpoint or it is expected that color of circle turns from blue to red to green. However, it is not caught in breakpoint and never turns to red.

Question of Stackoverflow is about same issue and I can not use onLongPressGesture method to implement required feature of my app.

Development environment: Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242), macOS 14.5

Run-time configuration: iOS 18.0

Answered by Engineer in 803606022

Hello @minziikim, please use Feedback Assistant to submit a bug report, and please post here your bug report's ID.

Hello @minziikim, please use Feedback Assistant to submit a bug report, and please post here your bug report's ID.

Same problem.

Version 16.0 (16A242d) macOS 15.0 iOS 18.0

I'm having the same issue. Is this confirmed not to be working? Unfortunately use this in a ton of different spots throughout my app, so this bug makes it un-shippable.

@Engineer Please check FB15127375 . Thank you

Have there been any updates here?

+1 Have the same problem and it's just breaking my app, because the primary action is a long press gesture

LongPressGesture does not work as expected in Xcode Version 16.0 (16A242) and iOS 18

Q