iPhone 16 Camera Control - AVFoundation code sample?

I found these two documents for the Camera Control.

Human Interface Guidelines:

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/camera-control

Developer documentation:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avfoundation/capture_setup/enhancing_your_app_experience_with_the_camera_control

Any chance Apple has an updated or new code sample for the AVFoundation that would be integrating Camera Control? Can't find it yet.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 803586022

My apologies for the delayed response. I understand you're eager to get a sample of the recently released API, and I want you to know that there isn't one available at the moment, but that doesn't mean there won't be one in the near future.

In the meantime, I recommend exploring the existing AVCam sample app:

AVCam: Building a Camera App

This sample should be a great starting point for you. By leveraging it, you can easily add the new functionality you're interested in as is using the AVCaptureDevice.

Additionally, there is great documentation on enhancing your camera app experience with the new API to add your controls, you've already linked above:

Enhancing Your App Experience with the Camera Control

We’re really excited to see what creative projects you build using these resources. If you have any specific questions or encounter any challenges along the way, feel free to ask!

Happy developing!

Albert Pascual 
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

My apologies for the delayed response. I understand you're eager to get a sample of the recently released API, and I want you to know that there isn't one available at the moment, but that doesn't mean there won't be one in the near future.

In the meantime, I recommend exploring the existing AVCam sample app:

AVCam: Building a Camera App

This sample should be a great starting point for you. By leveraging it, you can easily add the new functionality you're interested in as is using the AVCaptureDevice.

Additionally, there is great documentation on enhancing your camera app experience with the new API to add your controls, you've already linked above:

Enhancing Your App Experience with the Camera Control

We’re really excited to see what creative projects you build using these resources. If you have any specific questions or encounter any challenges along the way, feel free to ask!

Happy developing!

Albert Pascual 
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

iPhone 16 Camera Control - AVFoundation code sample?

Q