Express Transit presented despite successful call to PKPassLibrary.requestAutomaticPassPresentationSuppression(...)

I am working on a transit app that offers a digital ticketing product that is powered by a QR code being scanned. We have been successful in preventing the Apple Pay takeover experience from happening when a user tries to use this product next to the tap to pay terminals by making a call to PKPassLibrary.requestAutomaticPassPresentationSuppression(...) before the QR code is presented. However, our transit agency is piloting Express Transit on these turnstiles and we are noticing that this experience overrides the old NFC suppression. Is there a similar method available to us to suppress the express transit experience for users who are using these mobile ticketing products?

Answered by Engineer in 803482022

We believe you might be running into an issue that we have seen reported, and we would like you to file a bug report about this. By filing a bug report you would help the teams understand the impact.

Don't forget to include as much information as you can about the cases you see this problem with.

To file a bug report, you can use the Feedback Assistant.

Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.

If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

We believe you might be running into an issue that we have seen reported, and we would like you to file a bug report about this. By filing a bug report you would help the teams understand the impact.

Don't forget to include as much information as you can about the cases you see this problem with.

To file a bug report, you can use the Feedback Assistant.

Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.

If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Express Transit presented despite successful call to PKPassLibrary.requestAutomaticPassPresentationSuppression(...)

Q