Drivers are not visible in iOS 18 Public beta

Hello team, I am using USBDriverKit and Driverkit framework in my application for communication of USB device. After updating my iPad OS to 18 public beta, I am unable to get option to enable drivers in my setting page of my application. However, I am able to see that options in developer beta version of iPad OS 18. Can anyone guide me, how should I proceed further as I am unable to use my USB devices.

Hello!

I just updated my iPad Pro (11inch 4Gen) to the official iPad OS 18 version. My app is also not showing the driver setting. I also looked under "Security & Privacy". But there is also no driver scection. Does anyone has an idea how to solve this/what's the reason for this?

Drivers show up again after updating to iPadOS 18.1 developer beta. So i assume this is an actual bug in the official 18.0 release.

I send a feedback (FB15162694) about that to Apple. Let's see what they say.

Yes @rom_sch_elg you are correct. It is showing drivers in 18.1 beta release but in official release, this is a bug from Apple side I believe.

For us we discovered that the issue is not related to the iOS version but rather the model of the iPads.

We tested an M2 iPad Pro running iOS 17 and another running iOS 18, and the drivers are present in the App Settings.

However, on an iPad M4 with the same iOS version (17 and 18) the driver doesn't not appear.

I then tried updating the iPad M4 to iOS18.1 Beta and the driver is back.

Interesting.

We tested on...

• iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation) WiFi - Apple M2 (APL1109)
  • iPad Air (5th generation) WiFi - Apple M1 (APL1102)

Both showed the same behavior

• iPadOS 17.x - works ✅
  • iPadOS 18.0 - no driver and toggle ❌
  • iPadOS 18.1 dev beta - works ✅

I have raise a bug here - https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/15186202. Let's see, if we get any feedback from apple end or not.

Drivers are not visible in iOS 18 Public beta

Q