Open Reality Composer pro Scenes as were they files

Is there a good way to have an app open scenes from Reality Composer Pro, without that scene being part of the app? Kind of like you would browse any other file.

I have a business where I provide walk throughs in building plans. I do this by building an app containing a Reality Composer Pro scene containing the customers building. For each customer I will duplicate the app and change the Scene content. (One app per customer) In order to scale my business I would love to be able to distribute the scenes to the customers so they could just open them in the app, but I don't see how to to that.

If you have any idea as to how this can be done it would be great! I have very little experience in coding, so please assume I don't know what you are talking about when explaining

HI @Ilskov

I need a bit more information to help you.

Do you display the Reality Composer Pro scene in an immersive space, volumetric window or both?

Does your app do anything with the scene after it loads it or does it just load the project and add it to the scene? For example, does your Reality Composer Pro project use any custom components? Does it use any built in components?

The Scene is displayed as a mixed immersive space. Once it is loaded, there are s couple of things going on. I have some items that I can look at and tap to adjust the height of items in the scene. These are made with actions in a timeline inside Reality Composer pro. Also there is a custom component used with object tracking. It moves the object anchor to a world anchor, and updates that only if the object is moved. For now I don't think I am using any of the build in Components, but I would like to be able to down the line.

I hope this gives the clarification you need. And thank you for helping out.

@Ilskov

One more question. Is the building model the only thing that changes from app to app? If so you can add a placeholder (transform) for the model in Reality Composer Pro and I can give you code to replace the placeholder with a model loaded from a file.

You can load a Reality Composer Pro project at runtime, but that approach does not support custom components; it does support built in components. I'm the engineer who helped you create the custom component you're referring to. If you are okay applying the ObjectToWorldComponent behavior to all anchor entities we can eliminate the ObjectToWorldComponent. To do this replace

let query = EntityQuery(where: .has(ObjectToWorldComponent.self))

with

let query = EntityQuery(where: .has(AnchoringComponent.self))

After you do that take a look at this forum post; it details how to load a Reality Composer Pro project from a remote URL. You can use a similar approach to enable people to load your Reality Composer Pro project from a zip file you send to their Vision Pro.

I'm short on time today so I can't provide more details at the moment, but wanted to point you in the right direction. Feel free to ask follow up questions and I'll do my best to address them in a timely manner.

Open Reality Composer pro Scenes as were they files

Q