Casting shadows on the ground

In visionOS 2 beta, I have a character loaded from a Reality Composer Pro scene standing on the floor, but he isn't casting a shadow on the floor.

I added a GroundingShadowComponent in RealityView, and he does cast shadows on himself (e.g., his hands cast shadows on his shoes), but I don't see any shadow on the floor.

Do I need to enable something to have my character cast a show on the real-world floor?

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 802981022

Hello @Todd2 ,

Can you share a bit more about how you are applying the GroundingShadowComponent to your entity? One thing to note is that the effect does not get applied to the entire hierarchy of an Entity. GroundingShadowComponent must be applied to each entity with a mesh, including child entities, that you want to cast a shadow.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Accepted Answer

Hello @Todd2 ,

Can you share a bit more about how you are applying the GroundingShadowComponent to your entity? One thing to note is that the effect does not get applied to the entire hierarchy of an Entity. GroundingShadowComponent must be applied to each entity with a mesh, including child entities, that you want to cast a shadow.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Casting shadows on the ground

Q