Open the vision pro camera using Enterprise API and view it in application window

I want to see the vision pro camera view in my application window. I had write some code from apple, I stuck on CVPixelBuffer , How to convert pixelbuffer to video frame?

Button("Camera Feed") {

Task{
                    if #available(visionOS 2.0, *) {
                        let formats = CameraVideoFormat.supportedVideoFormats(for: .main, cameraPositions:[.left])

let cameraFrameProvider = CameraFrameProvider()

var arKitSession = ARKitSession()
                        var pixelBuffer: CVPixelBuffer?

await arKitSession.queryAuthorization(for: [.cameraAccess])

do {
                            try await arKitSession.run([cameraFrameProvider])
                        } catch {
                            return
                        }

guard let cameraFrameUpdates =
                            cameraFrameProvider.cameraFrameUpdates(for: formats[0]) else {
                            return
                        }

for await cameraFrame in cameraFrameUpdates {
                            guard let mainCameraSample = cameraFrame.sample(for: .left) else {
                                continue
                            }

//====
                            print("=========================")
                            print(mainCameraSample.pixelBuffer)
                            print("=========================")

// self.pixelBuffer = mainCameraSample.pixelBuffer
                        }

} else {
                        // Fallback on earlier versions
                    }
                }
            }
  • I want to convert "mainCameraSample.pixelBuffer" in to video. Could you please guide me!!
Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 802910022

There's a few ways you can get this to work, the easiest being to just convert that pixel buffer to a CIImage with init(cvPixelBuffer:), display that in your app, and update it frequently whenever a new image comes in.

Since the code above is triggered only on a button-push, that would make sense for you.

You can also create an AVPlayer that plays a video from an AVAssetWriter. This allows you to feed pixel buffers into a video stream.

This is a fair bit more complex, but once set-up it will smoothly show your Vision Pro camera feed.

Accepted Answer

There's a few ways you can get this to work, the easiest being to just convert that pixel buffer to a CIImage with init(cvPixelBuffer:), display that in your app, and update it frequently whenever a new image comes in.

Since the code above is triggered only on a button-push, that would make sense for you.

You can also create an AVPlayer that plays a video from an AVAssetWriter. This allows you to feed pixel buffers into a video stream.

This is a fair bit more complex, but once set-up it will smoothly show your Vision Pro camera feed.

@Sandip_Aura

This post contains a code snippet that may help you.

Open the vision pro camera using Enterprise API and view it in application window

Q