Updating control widget with push notification data

I have been trying to add a control widget to my app. Now I want to show some info on control widget that is received from push notification data. In the apple documentation, they have added a push notification handler, but the pushTokensDidChange method only has the information of the controls whose push tokens are changed. There is no information on where can I access the push notification data and how to use the push notification data to update the info being shown in the control widget.

Answered by Engineer in 802773022

Hi,

For this callback there is no additional accessible information. It simply wakes your process to tell you the token has changed, which you can send back to your storage mechanism for providing future updates. A notification service or notification content extension is usually the means to intercept and adjust info as it comes in but this callback is explicitly telling you the token has changed and that is all. If you send a normal push to your device, you can parse the data and make it available to your extension points, including Widgets, usually via App Groups.

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

Accepted Answer

Hi,

For this callback there is no additional accessible information. It simply wakes your process to tell you the token has changed, which you can send back to your storage mechanism for providing future updates. A notification service or notification content extension is usually the means to intercept and adjust info as it comes in but this callback is explicitly telling you the token has changed and that is all. If you send a normal push to your device, you can parse the data and make it available to your extension points, including Widgets, usually via App Groups.

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

Updating control widget with push notification data

Q