Playing audio when your app is in the background or terminated in ios swift

Is it possible to play audio in the Background or when the app is Terminated? If yes, how can I play audio in the Background or when the app is Terminated in iOS using Swift? I am receiving an audio link in a Firebase notification. How can I play this audio link when the app is in the Background or Terminated?

Answered by Engineer in 802403022

To play audio when your app is in the background, you need to add the Audio, AirPlay, and Picture in Picture background mode capability to your app's target. Please see Configuring background execution modes for detailed information.

Strictly speaking, a terminated app cannot play audio. Also, triggering audio playback usually requires user interaction. A common mechanism to allow starting audio playback in your app from Siri or the Shortcuts app is to implement the AudioPlaybackIntent protocol. Please refer to Creating your first app intent for further information on implementing the AppIntent protocol.

Accepted Answer

To play audio when your app is in the background, you need to add the Audio, AirPlay, and Picture in Picture background mode capability to your app's target. Please see Configuring background execution modes for detailed information.

Strictly speaking, a terminated app cannot play audio. Also, triggering audio playback usually requires user interaction. A common mechanism to allow starting audio playback in your app from Siri or the Shortcuts app is to implement the AudioPlaybackIntent protocol. Please refer to Creating your first app intent for further information on implementing the AppIntent protocol.

Playing audio when your app is in the background or terminated in ios swift

Q