Why is my app considered a "login item"

When I install my application there is a notification "added items that can run in background". How to I determine why my app is considered for this. What are the configurations / parameters that cause this?

Based on the "added items that can run in background" message you're receiving, you may need to check Xcode to see if your project is set for background tasks to update your app. Here's the documentation for adding background tasks. Double check your app against this documentation to see if that's the issue. Tasks running in the background is common for apps that require updating user content based on outside factors. If your app is being added as a login item as indicated in your title, you may find the documentation on SMAppService helpful. This shows how to make your app launch on system login. Make sure your app is not using this service to give you the unexpected login item message.

It’s hard to say what’s going on here without more info. There are at least five common ways to trigger this behaviour:

• Installing something with SMAppService.

• Installing a daemon with SMJobBless.

• Installing a login item with SMLoginItemSetEnabled.

• Installing a login item with the (long deprecated) LSSharedFileList API.

• Writing a launchd property list to ~/Library/LaunchAgents or a related directory.

The following command might give you some insight into what actually happened:

% sfltool dumpbtm

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Why is my app considered a "login item"

Q