Indicator of how much time left to fully load a RealityKit 3d Model

I have a quiet big USDZ file which have my 3d model that I run on Realityview Swift Project and it takes sometime before I can see the model on the screen, So I was wondering if there is a way to know how much time left for the RealityKit/RealityView Model to be loaded or a percentage that I can add on a progress bar to show for the user how much time left before he can see the full model on screen. and if there is a way how to do this on progress bar while loading.

Something like that

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 802542022

Hey @ostoura,

There's no supported way for you to get the loading progress of a single entity with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

You can provide a placeholder view when the model is loading using the init(make:update:placeholder:) method, this however doesn't provide any progress information; please file an enhancement request if you'd like this.

If you're loading multiple models you might want to checkout the example provided in this documentation. The example here uses a task group to load the models all at once.

Thanks for your question,
Michael

Accepted Answer

Hey @ostoura,

There's no supported way for you to get the loading progress of a single entity with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

You can provide a placeholder view when the model is loading using the init(make:update:placeholder:) method, this however doesn't provide any progress information; please file an enhancement request if you'd like this.

If you're loading multiple models you might want to checkout the example provided in this documentation. The example here uses a task group to load the models all at once.

Thanks for your question,
Michael

Thanx @Vision Pro Engineer Michael, I did follow your suggestion and filed a feedback report that apple may add this for the users to know the progress of loading the big 3d Models so far I guess most of the progress bars I have seen in other apps are dummy and not really accurately showing the loading progress of the model rather a timer with some random values or a timer with a delay bar evaluated by the developer him self and it might be different on the user real device.

Indicator of how much time left to fully load a RealityKit 3d Model

Q