.onMove drag and drop

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a SwiftUI project where I want the entire page to be scrollable. Within this page, I have a bottom section that displays a list of items, and these items are being rendered from a SwiftData model object. My main goal is to make this list reorderable using the onMove method.

The challenge I’m facing is that using a List inside a ScrollView requires a fixed height for the List, which doesn’t work for my use case because the content is dynamic and the height can vary. Since I’m using SwiftData to manage my data, I need a way to keep this list fully dynamic.

I’m open to using a VStack instead of a List to display the items, but I still need the reorder functionality that List provides. Does anyone know a good way to achieve this behavior? Is there a way to use onMove or similar functionality without needing a fixed height, or perhaps an alternative approach that might work better with SwiftData?

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 802102022

A List is also Scrollable, so you wouldn't want to have that in a ScrollView.

Using a VStack + ScrollView is teh right way to go. You could implement the reorder functionality by implementing a drag and drop operation using draggable(_:) and dropDestination(for:action:isTargeted:) modifiers.

You could have a look the following to learn more about drag and drop in SwiftUI.

A List is also Scrollable, so you wouldn't want to have that in a ScrollView.

Using a VStack + ScrollView is teh right way to go. You could implement the reorder functionality by implementing a drag and drop operation using draggable(_:) and dropDestination(for:action:isTargeted:) modifiers.

You could have a look the following to learn more about drag and drop in SwiftUI.

But draggable and dropDestination does not seem to support multi drag and drop.

.onMove drag and drop

Q