Coordinate conversion

Coordinate conversion was mentioned in https://developer.apple.com/wwdc24/10153 (the effect is demonstrated at 22:00), in which the demonstration is an entity that jumps out of volume into space, but I don't understand his explanation very well. I hope you can give me a basic solution. I am very grateful for this!

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 801973022

Hey @lijiaxu,

Could you explain what you are needing help understanding? Have you tried to recreate this effect with the code provided in the video?

In the video Troy removes the robot from the volumetric window and adds the robot to the immersive space. He uses the convert(transform:from:) method to make sure that the robot is in the same location in the immersive space so that the robot seamlessly transitions between the two spaces. Once the robot exists in the immersive space, he performs the jump animation to move the robot within the immersive space.

Let me know what questions you have,
Michael

Accepted Answer

Hey @lijiaxu,

Could you explain what you are needing help understanding? Have you tried to recreate this effect with the code provided in the video?

In the video Troy removes the robot from the volumetric window and adds the robot to the immersive space. He uses the convert(transform:from:) method to make sure that the robot is in the same location in the immersive space so that the robot seamlessly transitions between the two spaces. Once the robot exists in the immersive space, he performs the jump animation to move the robot within the immersive space.

Let me know what questions you have,
Michael

Coordinate conversion

Q