Passkey authorization succeeds on iOS, fails on macOS with Catalyst

I'm using the same code to authenticate using passkeys on iOS and macOS. On iOS (simulator, on-device, and deployed with TestFlight), I have no issues registering or authenticating with a passkey. On macOS using Catalyst, when I attempt to authenticate with a passkey (ASAuthorizationController#performRequests), I see the following error:

Error Domain=com.apple.AuthenticationServices.AuthorizationError Code=1004 "Application with identifier TEAMID.com.bundle is not associated with domain bundle.com" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Application with identifier TEAMID.com.bundle is not associated with domain bundle.com}

I've double-checked my apple-app-site-association file is being served from the associated domain, and I've double-checked that the Apple CDN is also returning that same association file with webcredentials for my team/bundle.

Any ideas why it would succeed in iOS environments but fail under macOS with Catalyst?

We've made some improvements to the associated domains checking in macOS Sequoia and iOS 18. Are you still having this issue on these OSes?

If so, please let us know through Feedback Assistant so we can take a look!

Passkey authorization succeeds on iOS, fails on macOS with Catalyst

Q