Enforce Safari Extension state using device management

Hey, Im trying to utilize the new DDM features introduce in Safari 18 & macOS 15 and enabling extension using my MDM (Intune in my case). For some reason, it doesn't seems to work on my mac machine running macOS 15 beta. Intune support claims that everything is configured as it should on their end, and there is a problem with device or configuration. I used Apple documentation and the configuration YAML in apple device management repo So I don't really sure what I am missing.

Has someone managed to make it work using MDM (intune, jamf, etc')? And if so can he shared the configuration?

Thanks.

Answered by Device Management Engineer in 801644022

It should work fine on macOS. One important thing to note - the Safari configuration can only be used on the macOS MDM user channel (not the device channel). Double-check which channel is being used. If you still cannot get it to work, please file a feedback with a sysdiagnose from the device, and if possible, include the actual configuration JSON being sent by the server.

It should work fine on macOS. One important thing to note - the Safari configuration can only be used on the macOS MDM user channel (not the device channel). Double-check which channel is being used. If you still cannot get it to work, please file a feedback with a sysdiagnose from the device, and if possible, include the actual configuration JSON being sent by the server.

So apparently intune is not really supporting this feature ATM (according to there support) polices can't be created. Didn't got a timeline for when it should be working...

Enforce Safari Extension state using device management

Q