PHPickerViewController: present images in reverse order

I am using PHPickerViewController to get assets from the photo library. It works fine, but it presents the images so that the newest is first. I would like to choose the order. In some cases I prefer the oldest image to be first.

I have checked in PHPickerConfiguration with no success. I am just wondering if it is possible.

Answered by Engineer in 801755022

You can use a collection view or other re-usable view type and control the ordering. That said, there's no supported way for you to re-order items in PHPickerViewController with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here. If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

You can use a collection view or other re-usable view type and control the ordering. That said, there's no supported way for you to re-order items in PHPickerViewController with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here. If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

PHPickerViewController: present images in reverse order

Q