Difficulty Locating Center of Pupil Using ARKit – Vision vs. ARKit for Fine Detail?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on an AR application where I need to accurately locate the center of the pupil and measure anatomical distances between the pupil and eyelids. I’ve been using ARKit’s face tracking, but I’m having trouble pinpointing the exact center of the pupil.

My Questions:

1. Locating Pupil Center in ARKit: Is there a reliable way to detect the exact center of the pupil using ARKit? If so, how can I achieve this?

2. Framework Recommendation: Given the need for fine detail in measurements, would ARKit be sufficient, or would it be better to use the Vision framework for more accurate 2D facial landmark detection? Alternatively, would a hybrid approach, combining Vision for precision and ARKit for 3D tracking, be more effective?

What I've Tried:

• Using ARKit’s ARFaceAnchor to detect face landmarks, but the results for the pupil position seem imprecise for my needs.
  • Considering Vision for 2D detection, but concerned about integrating it into a 3D AR experience.

Any insights, code snippets, or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Difficulty Locating Center of Pupil Using ARKit – Vision vs. ARKit for Fine Detail?

Q