Cinema 4D to Reality Composer Pro

Hello Dev team,

3 weeks I'm looking for how I can export a static Cinema 4D objects WITH TEXTURES to Reality Composer Pro !

I can export it directly on USDA format and it works well for the 3D model in Reality Composer Pro, BUT, I can't have the textures on my model. My model is simple not colored !

Of course I expect to have textures applied on the good place and same appearance I've in Cinema 4D.

Could you give me a process to do that please ?

I'm using Cinema 4D R25 and Last XCode and Reality Composer Pro beta versions.

Big big thanks to the one could help me on this. It will unblock many things to me!!!!

Cheers Mathis

Hello @Mathis06

I will do my best to unblock you!

When you look at your asset in Finder's preview window, are the textures visible there?

If not, then I suspect there is something happening during the export step, which unfortunately is outside of my area of expertise. RealityKit and RCP use the USD file format to load and work with 3D assets, including model textures. Third party DCCs (Blender, Maya, Cinema4D, etc.) may have different implementations for how they convert their app data into the USD file format (and if you're unable to find your answers here, I recommend asking in those communities for help).

However, Apple does have some tools that can help!

Try running your asset through Reality Converter - read more about how to use the app here. Reality Converter can help convert 3D file formats (like .obj, .glb, and even other .usd files) to USD that is compatible with all Apple platforms. You might see some luck exporting your file from Reality Converter before importing it into Reality Composer Pro.

Let me know if this helps, good luck!

Cinema 4D to Reality Composer Pro

Q