safaridriver failing to launch

MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1 Safari 17.6 Have been trying to launch Safaridriver and consistently getting the error: ERROR: safaridriver could not launch because it is not configured correctly or you need to authenticate. Re-run safaridriver(1) and pass the '--enable' flag to configure and/or authenticate. I have admin rights on the machine, but when I try the flag --enable, I get 'Password is not valid, please try again' (tried with different admin accounts). Sudo lets me use the --enable flag, but still getting the same error when trying to run. This seems to be a recent problem - worked a couple of months ago.

Answered by matsak in 805107022

This was resolved with the latest upgrade to Sequoia. I changed by access to admin before the upgrade - I tried running safaridriver as admin, didn't work. But after the upgrade, safaridriver is starting fine.

Accepted Answer

This was resolved with the latest upgrade to Sequoia. I changed by access to admin before the upgrade - I tried running safaridriver as admin, didn't work. But after the upgrade, safaridriver is starting fine.

safaridriver failing to launch

Q