AASA File Not Working as Expected with Hybrid Mobile App and Web Authentication

Hello,

We are currently offering both a mobile web and a mobile app service. Our mobile app operates in a hybrid manner by utilizing the mobile web.

However, when the app is installed, it seems that the AASA file is not functioning correctly on the mobile web. The AASA file we are using is as follows:

AASA :

{ "applinks": { "apps": [], "details": [ { "appID": "Z9VSKJ792A.com.coke.cokeplaynew", "components": [ { "exclude": true, "/": "/payment/" }, { "exclude": true, "/": "/member/pass/" }, { "exclude": true, "/": "/member/check/pass" }, { "exclude": true, "/": "/member/passWeb" }, { "exclude": true, "/event/spritecoolcoupon" } ] } ] } }

We are experiencing an issue when performing pass authentication on the mobile web. When opening a new window for authentication, the new window is generated correctly in the mobile web browser. However, after completing the authentication and posting back to the parent window at the /member/check/pass URL, the app is being launched, which causes a service error. (This URL is excluded in the AASA file.)

It doesn’t seem like there’s an issue with the AASA configuration, but we are wondering if there might be another underlying problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks for your post. Looking at your post, I don't see a link to your AASA file to verify the settings. Can you post them, or can you follow the steps to debug universal links?

There are many steps to register a universal link to ensure it works and opens the app that registered it. To verify that everything is set up well, we have a Tech Note that goes over each step in detail. Could you please provide me with your AASA file link and the settings in Xcode where you register the app links?

Please verify the format of your AASA file. It should contain either an array of appIDs or an array of components. To learn how to verify your AASA file format and find a sample recommended format, refer to this guide: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/technotes/tn3155-debugging-universal-links

I recommend referring to the Tech Note for instructions on how to verify the file format using the command 'sudo swcutil verify'. It is a comprehensive resource that will also guide you through setting up the file correctly. Would you mind sharing your file here? I’d be happy to provide further recommendations and suggestions. I hope this helps resolve the issue.

AASA File Not Working as Expected with Hybrid Mobile App and Web Authentication

Q