iPhone Doesn't Ring

I have an iPhone 14 with the iOS version 18 Beta Version. My phone does not ring. Callers are immediately prompted to leave a voicemail. Even my wife, who is designated a favorite has this happen.

I’ve gone to Settings and checked Sounds & Haptics. It appears to be set correctly.

Please help. Should I go to the local Apple Store for hands on help? Thank you.

Bo Kirk

Answered by rkirk235 in 800760022

I called the AT&T customer help desk. The person was able to diagnose the Active Amour APP was the issue. It had started treating even my contacts as unwanted callers that need to be screened. We did a delete of the app and now my phone receives calls again from my contacts. She was very helpful. Immediately diagnosed the problem.

The Apple Store will not help you as you're on a beta version of iOS.

You should probably raise this as a bug in the usual way. It won't really get progressed if it's only posted in these Developer Forums.

You need to raise each issue you find separately at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ You can post the FB numbers here if you want, so that others can link to them.

Thank you. I sent my issue to the feedback link you suggested.

Bo

Accepted Answer

I called the AT&T customer help desk. The person was able to diagnose the Active Amour APP was the issue. It had started treating even my contacts as unwanted callers that need to be screened. We did a delete of the app and now my phone receives calls again from my contacts. She was very helpful. Immediately diagnosed the problem.

iPhone Doesn't Ring

Q