SF Mono, open source?

I know that the general San Francisco (SF) fonts (Text, Display, Pro, etc.) are exclusive to Apple, its products, and its affiliates. But when it comes to SF Mono, I am unsure of its official status. Is it open source? I know many companies often release their monospace font under the OFL license (i.e., Twilio Sans Mono, Intel One Mono, Ubuntu Mono (et al), Roboto Mono (et al), and more). As I've previously said, I also know that Apple is very protective it its brand.

The thing that really confuses me is that the page for Microsoft's Open Source projects (opensource.microsoft.com) actually uses SF Mono! Are Apple and MS collaborating on this? There is no repository on GitHub or the Apple Developer website, but why is a competitor to Apple using their font? (I am using Windows, so the SF fonts aren't installed on my device, they use the font from their own CDN on their website)

All the San Francisco fonts are trademarks of Apple, and they do protect the font very well. Microsoft likely uses a -system-mono font in their CSS, so it will display the Segoe fonts on Windows, Cantarell on Linux, and SF on Mac. However, SF Mono is a slightly modified version of Menlo, which is a slightly modified version of DejaVu Mono, which is FOSS. Note that software using FOSS components must also be FOSS.

SF Mono, open source?

Q