-[USRVWebViewCallback invoke:] crash on launch

Starting at 7 am many of our apps are crashing on launch from the -[USRVWebViewCallback invoke:]

EXC_BAD_ACCESS: Attempted to dereference garbage pointer 0x20.

This is coming across OS versions and does not seem to be related to our code as many different applications are crashing. Did Apple turn something on this morning?

It seems to be trailing off after 94 minutes and I am now able to load when previously I was not. We changed nothing on our end. Seems to be Unity Ads related and not Apple.

Accepted Answer

It seems to be trailing off after 94 minutes and I am now able to load when previously I was not. We changed nothing on our end. Seems to be Unity Ads related and not Apple.

We experienced the same crashes today. Appears to have started at around 8AM EST and is recovering as of 11AM EST. We are using Unity Ads as mentioned in the previous comment but have not root-caused the issue.

Same here.

A flash message in Applovin MAX says: "As of 13:00 UTC today, all iOS apps that have Unity Ads SDK integrated have been observing crashes across all users. As an immediate measure, we are rolling out an update that will remove UnitySDK from initialization and serving ads on all MAX apps starting at 14:30UTC.§

-[USRVWebViewCallback invoke:] crash on launch

Q