Local Network Privacy and MDM.

Starting with macOS 15, the Local Network Privacy (LNP) feature has been introduced, which has been available on iOS for some time. We are developing an enterprise application for remote control and protection of corporate devices. The management is carried out using a dedicated server, usually located on the internal LAN of the enterprise. In order to interact with this server, devices require access to the local network, which is managed by the new TCC LNP. The UX of our application involves minimal user interaction. To address this issue, we use Apple's MDM to automatically grant various permissions. Additionally, we have scripts for remotely installing the application and configuring it. However, for the new TCC LNP, we have not found a way to do this through the MDM profile. Does Apple intend to incorporate the relevant functionality into the MDM? There are several posts on the dev forum about this topic, but they are all about iOS.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 801683022
Does Apple intend to incorporate the relevant functionality into the MDM?

I can’t speak to Apple’s future plans, but my general advice in situations like this is always the same: If this is important to you, please file an enhancement request for the controls you need, with an explanation as to why you need them.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Does Apple intend to incorporate the relevant functionality into the MDM?

I can’t speak to Apple’s future plans, but my general advice in situations like this is always the same: If this is important to you, please file an enhancement request for the controls you need, with an explanation as to why you need them.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Local Network Privacy and MDM.

Q