MapKit JS API not loading

I own a website (timeguessr.com) that uses the apple mapkit js api. I have had a number of reports in the last few weeks of users having the map not loading.

Since I have not been able to recreate the problem I have asked people to send screenshots of what is logged to their developer tools console. In each case a ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR 200 (OK) error is being logged when the user is trying to fetch from cdn.apple-mapkit.com endpoints.

What is strange is this happens halfway through their games when they have already successfully loaded the map in previous rounds.

Can anyone help? Thanks

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR likely represents errors at the network level beyond your control. In your own testing, you should make sure you're covering a wide variety of configurations, including with different browsers, to see if you're hitting this more often when specific conditions are present. However, even if you are able to get better reproducible steps in this way, the underlying cause here still may not be actionable for you and subject to the overall network health and its moment-by-moment changes between your server, Apple's servers, and people playing your game.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

MapKit JS API not loading

Q