ApplePay in Hotel Front Desk Check-ins

I would like to understand what solution there is for accepting ApplePay within Hotel Front-Desk check-ins, that would allow a Hotel to use the stored ApplePay token from the Apple Device, to hold on account for room breakages, in-room services, items added to room account etc. To then be able to use the Apple Token for processing unscheduled Merchant Initiated Transactions (MITs). Is this possible today in that environment, where the consumer wants to tap their phone to pay at the front desk and use that Apple Device Token against their room account as opposed to having to present a physical credit card? I know for Ecommerce there is the MPAN now for scheduled/unscheduled payments, but what about for when the consumer/customer checks in to the Hotel at the physical location and wishes to use ApplePay to tap on the card terminal/reader? Thanks, Steve

Answered by DTS Engineer in 800097022

Hi @MagichandsSW,

Please see the documentation below to learn more about merchant-specific tokens—which enable you to request recurring, automatic, and deferred payments with Apple Pay:

If the current functionality does not meet your needs, please submit your suggestions via Feedback Assistant, then reply here with the Feedback ID for the Apple Pay and Wallet engineering teams' consideration.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

Hi @MagichandsSW,

Please see the documentation below to learn more about merchant-specific tokens—which enable you to request recurring, automatic, and deferred payments with Apple Pay:

If the current functionality does not meet your needs, please submit your suggestions via Feedback Assistant, then reply here with the Feedback ID for the Apple Pay and Wallet engineering teams' consideration.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

Hi Paris X Pinkney,

I have read that API link and this only applies to managing the lifecycle of existing tokens.

Please can you read my question again. The use case I am looking for guidance on is within Hotels or in-person transactions where a customer/consumer uses their Apple device/phone to tap (contactless) on a terminal Point of Sale. In this case, how would a merchant or developer, request an MPAN to be returned, that can later be used by that merchant for processing any unscheduled/deferred Merchant Initiated Transactions (MITs)?

ApplePay in Hotel Front Desk Check-ins

Q