Local Network privacy alert not triggering with iOS 18 beta

Hello,

I have been testing my app with iOS 18 beta and noticing an issue with the triggering of Local Network privacy prompt.

My app uses this permission to make a request to a local network address. Prior to iOS upgrade to 18 beta, the privacy prompt used to get triggered upon making the request and only after tapping on 'Allow', the subsequent requests used to succeed. If the user turned off the toggle for 'Local Network' in the app settings, then this functionality used to break as expected.

Issues observed with 18 beta:

1. The privacy prompt is not getting triggered upon making the request to local network and the request is succeeding. The app already seems to have this access granted but I do not see the permission toggle in the app settings.
  2. Upon device restart, the prompt got triggered but even on disallowing the access (tapping Don't Allow), the app is able to make requests to the local network. The permission toggle appears in the app settings, but its state does not impact the app's functionality.

Has something changes in this flow? Can someone please help with what might be causing this behaviour?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 801674022

These issues look eminently bugworthy to me. Please file a bug about each one, and post the bug numbers here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

These issues look eminently bugworthy to me. Please file a bug about each one, and post the bug numbers here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

The same for me. Xcode 16, iOS 18. Using MultipeerConnectivity doesn't trigger Local Network privacy popup.

Local Network privacy alert not triggering with iOS 18 beta

Q