Immersive experience from sample

Hi, We are currently building an app for immersive experiences of our custom content. This is displayed from a video on a custom geometry in the immersive on the Vision Pro

I have enabled the AVPlayerViewController system controls that detach when entering immersive like in the sample: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/visionos/building-an-immersive-media-viewing-experience

For our case, we do not need the 2D screen showing after entering the immersive, only the environment

So my question is how to remove the screen with the video and keep the controls, like in the Apple TV app for immersive experiences?

Thanks in advance

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 800121022

Hey @Juanpa251,

There's no supported way for you to display the system controls without also using a docking region to display the video with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here. We'd love to hear more details on your use case.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Thanks!

Michael

Accepted Answer

Hey @Juanpa251,

There's no supported way for you to display the system controls without also using a docking region to display the video with the APIs currently available. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here. We'd love to hear more details on your use case.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply! I have filed a request under FB14809387, at the moment we are just using some floating UI menu through RealityKit attachments, but would be good to use a more native approach

I have another query, not sure If I should just open another thread, but we have some stereoscopic content. I understand the way of doing this is with a ShaderGraphMaterial using the CameraIndexSwitch for Left/Right, which we can do fine for still images, but I cannot find any way of doing it with video content, what would be the suggested way of doing that?

Immersive experience from sample

Q