Inquiry: Checking User’s Large App Icon Mode Setting on iOS 18

I am writing to inquire if there is any way to programmatically check whether a user has enabled the “Large App Icon” mode in iOS 18. Our development team is working on optimizing our app’s user interface, and it would be beneficial to adapt the design based on this setting.

Any guidance on how to access this information, or if it’s even possible within the current iOS APIs, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

As far as I can tell Large App Icon mode in iOS 18 just makes the icons on the Home Screen larger, and removes app names.

What would you need to do inside your own app based on this? If you're thinking, "Oh, the user has enabled Large App Icon mode, so they might have issues with their sight, let's make everything larger in the app", then I wouldn't do that, for two reasons:

1. The user may not have issues with their sight, they just want to remove app names from their Home Screen.
  2. There are accessibility settings like Dynamic Text Size that your app's UI should adhere to.

Basing an app's UI on how the user decides to show their Home Screen is, in my opinion, redundant.

Inquiry: Checking User’s Large App Icon Mode Setting on iOS 18

Q