My app crashes in the App Store when flight tested, but it runs normally when the APK is installed and in debug mode.

My app crashes in the App Store when flight tested, but it runs normally when the APK is installed and in debug mode.

Developed with flutter

Answered by DTS Engineer in 801813022

Looking at your crash report I see this:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Your app has crashed trying to dereference a NULL pointer. The crashing thread backtrace looks like this:

Thread 0 name:   Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libswiftCore.dylib … swift_getObjectType + 40
1   app_settings       … static AppSettingsPlugin.register(with:) + 108
2   app_settings       … @objc static AppSettingsPlugin.register(with:) + 56
3   Runner             … +[GeneratedPluginRegistrant registerWithRegistry:] + 116
…

This is clearly coming from your third-party runtime. In frame 1 it’s calling a Swift runtime routine, passing in that NULL pointer. When the Swift runtime dereferences the pointer, it crashes.

As to why it’s doing that, that’s not something I can help you with. I encourage you to seek help via the support channel for the third-party tools you’re using.

Oh, and one last thing. You wrote:

it runs normally … in debug mode.

In situations like this it’s good to isolate code signing problems from build problems. I have a post, Isolating Code Signing Problems from Build Problems, that explains how to do this with Xcode. It’s possible that you might be able to do a similar thing with your tooling.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Looking at your crash report I see this:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Your app has crashed trying to dereference a NULL pointer. The crashing thread backtrace looks like this:

Thread 0 name:   Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libswiftCore.dylib … swift_getObjectType + 40
1   app_settings       … static AppSettingsPlugin.register(with:) + 108
2   app_settings       … @objc static AppSettingsPlugin.register(with:) + 56
3   Runner             … +[GeneratedPluginRegistrant registerWithRegistry:] + 116
…

This is clearly coming from your third-party runtime. In frame 1 it’s calling a Swift runtime routine, passing in that NULL pointer. When the Swift runtime dereferences the pointer, it crashes.

As to why it’s doing that, that’s not something I can help you with. I encourage you to seek help via the support channel for the third-party tools you’re using.

Oh, and one last thing. You wrote:

it runs normally … in debug mode.

In situations like this it’s good to isolate code signing problems from build problems. I have a post, Isolating Code Signing Problems from Build Problems, that explains how to do this with Xcode. It’s possible that you might be able to do a similar thing with your tooling.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Q