prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration from ASCredentialProviderViewController not called

Development Environment: Xcode 15.4, macOS 14.5 Run-time Configuration: macOS 14.5 (not iOS)

Description of Problem:

I want to add a QuickType bar for password autofill to provide a password by tapping a suggestion from the QuickType bar.

I need to get prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration called in the Autofill extension when enabling the following path: Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Extensions -> Password Auto Fill -> Select App Extension.

I have followed the documentation: prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration()

Set the Property List Key ShowsConfigurationUI to YES. Implemented override func prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration() {} However, the method prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration is not being called as expected.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 801579022

Hi @spring255,

From your description, the configuration appears to be accurate. You wrote:

[...] I want to add a QuickType bar for password autofill to provide a password by tapping a suggestion from the QuickType bar. [...]

Please implement provideCredentialWithoutUserInteraction(for:) in your ASCredentialProviderViewController to allow your extension to show credentials in the QuickType bar.

However, I'd like to learn more about your macOS project, and escalate to the Authentication Experience engineering team if a system bug is found. To start our investigation, please submit a bug report via Feedback Assistant, including a focused Xcode sample project and steps to reproduce the issue.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

Hi @spring255,

From your description, the configuration appears to be accurate. You wrote:

[...] I want to add a QuickType bar for password autofill to provide a password by tapping a suggestion from the QuickType bar. [...]

Please implement provideCredentialWithoutUserInteraction(for:) in your ASCredentialProviderViewController to allow your extension to show credentials in the QuickType bar.

However, I'd like to learn more about your macOS project, and escalate to the Authentication Experience engineering team if a system bug is found. To start our investigation, please submit a bug report via Feedback Assistant, including a focused Xcode sample project and steps to reproduce the issue.

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

prepareInterfaceForExtensionConfiguration from ASCredentialProviderViewController not called

Q