TensorFlow Metal not installable on M2 MacBook

I've been attempting to install tf metal on my computer so that I can use GPUs instead of CPUs. I have tf macOS installed already, and I am fully updated with pip and tf. I'm currently 2 months into building and training a tf CNN, and I'm at the point where training a single epoch for my network will take a week (I have a lot of data that I need to use). I desperately need to use GPUs but am stuck with CPUs for now. I can't get access to a cluster, so the best I can do is continue to use my M2 MacBook. Is there any other way I can install TF metal? Is there a way I can use GPUs (rather than CPUs) when using TF if I can't get install metal?

I keep getting this error message:

"ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow-metal (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow-metal"

I looked on apple forums, tried to download it from GitHub (the page is down), and anything else I could think of and/or find on the internet to help, but it still isn't installing.

I've used the following commands and still no luck:

python -m pip install tensorflow-metal pip install https://github.com/apple/tensorflow_metal/releases/download/v0.5.0/tensorflow_metal-0.5.0-py3-none-any.whl pip install tensorflow-metal pip3 install tensorflow-metal SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=0 python -m pip install tensorflow-metal SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=0 pip install tensorflow-macos tensorflow-metal conda install -c anaconda tensorflow-gpu

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Having the same problem, you're not alone! M2 max for nothing 🥲

Hello, which python version is installed in your environment?

TensorFlow Metal not installable on M2 MacBook

Q