Apps using ScreenCaptureKit to capture screen don't capture some UI elements

Hello, I have a few apps that I use for screen recording/streaming like OBS as well as capturing screens to project into a VR headset (Immersed), and they use ScreenCaptureKit to record the full displays/all content.

But when capturing that display, some application windows or UI elements, like in Microsoft Teams when you begin a screen sharing session and you get a control-bar overlay to manage sharing options (stop, start, etc), that particular element does not get captured by the recording app's capture (though other MS Teams windows and all the other applications on screen do). Another app that has this problem is the CleanShot X screen capturing app, where it's overlay UI elements don't get captured, but are still on the physical screen. This of course when using Mac displays in VR causes in issue where you can't see these particular CleanShot controls but they are there and intercepting mouse clicks/input.

What would be causing only certain elements to not get captured when the recording app is telling ScreenCaptureKit to not exclude anything, and is there a property on these UI elements that the developer can "opt in" to get SCK to pick them up? I am trying to figure out what feedback to give to developers of programs that have this issue/if it's possible for them to modify their apps to change this behavior?

Thanks!

Apps using ScreenCaptureKit to capture screen don't capture some UI elements

Q