Authentication Services fail with "Found unsupported attestation type"

Hello, I am writing an AuthenticationService plugin to provide Passkeys to a web browser. The problem is that, after I call ASCredentialProviderExtensionContext.completeRegistrationRequestWithSelectedPasskeyCredential with the attestation object I composed, the operation fails and the MacOS system log contains the error

com.apple.AuthenticationServices.Helper: (AuthenticationServices) [com.apple.AuthenticationServices:Authorization] Returned credential failed validation: Error Domain=com.apple.AuthenticationServices.AuthorizationError Code=1002 "Found unsupported attestation type." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Found unsupported attestation type.}

Is there a way to find out what part of my attestation is triggering this error? P.S. the same code is able to generate a valid passkey on Windows platforms, so it's not completely broken

Thanks, Alberto

Answered by ampm in 800708022

I found out that AuthenticationServices doesn't like an attestation object in the "packed" format, but it accepts only one with the "none" format....

Accepted Answer

I found out that AuthenticationServices doesn't like an attestation object in the "packed" format, but it accepts only one with the "none" format....

Authentication Services fail with "Found unsupported attestation type"

Q