Questions about LockedCameraCapture

1. Can the extended code created by Capture Extension call the code of the main project?
  2. I added the control via Widget Extension and I see the perform method is called in my intent but I am missing the part where this perform method will open the UI to capture the photo.

This is my intent: struct MyAppCaptureIntent: CameraCaptureIntent { static var title: LocalizedStringResource = "MyAppCaptureIntent"

typealias AppContext = MyAppContext
static let description = IntentDescription("Capture photos with MyApp.")

@MainActor
func perform() async throws -> some IntentResult {
    let dialog = IntentDialog("Intent result")
    do {
        if let context = try await MyAppCaptureIntent.appContext {
            return .result()
        }
    } catch {
         // Handle error condition.
    }
    return .result()
}

}

struct MyAppContext: Decodable, Encodable { var data = ContextData() }

struct ContextData: IntentResult, Decodable, Encodable { var value: Never? { nil } } How can I connect this with my LockedCameraCaptureExtension?

1. Can you provide a complete demo?
Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 798272022

Hello @omo

1. Yes your Capture Extension can include any code from your main project. Add any files you need to both targets in Xcode.

2. All you need to do to your "MyAppCaptureIntent" is add it to all three targets: your app, your capture extension, and your control extension.

You WILL need to make sure your "MyAppCaptureIntent" is added to your control center button!

Hello @omo

1. Yes your Capture Extension can include any code from your main project. Add any files you need to both targets in Xcode.

2. All you need to do to your "MyAppCaptureIntent" is add it to all three targets: your app, your capture extension, and your control extension.

You WILL need to make sure your "MyAppCaptureIntent" is added to your control center button!

Questions about LockedCameraCapture

Q